Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Whirlpool side by side having constant issues. My fridge is

Customer Question

Whirlpool side by side having constant issues. My fridge is constantly freezing foods. On multiple shelves near the freezer wall. It can freeze multiple eggs though as well which are never next to the wall. Jars of pickles, left overs, etc. The worst is in the produce drawers though. I lose veggies and lettuce constantly due to freezing. The ice maker also has issues where it will not make ice, and then it just starts if we mess with it enough. We have had this unit (covered under warranty) worked on over 7-9 times now. They have replaced all sorts of things on it and always claim it is fine. It will often make noise when we try to use the water dispenser and wont release any water. Again we are told its fine. The last person they sent out said it was our house making the noise not the fridge water dispenser. They said they would order the part needed to replace the part that controls the temperature. I told him that part had been replaced several times already and that I would call the company about it. When I called the warranty company about how many times this part had been replaced they said the technician said the unit was now fine and they would do nothing. Mind you we have a 5 year warranty and this is year 1. According to the tech it does not matter that I have photos and videos of the ruined foods. He has to see it stop working. He has seen the frozen items as well but does not care he said in the short 5 minutes he was here. What do you suggest? Is this a common issue with Whirlpool side by sides? Is there anything we can do ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. I notice your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
nobody had bothered to answer yesterday.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I apologize for the delay in response. From the sounds of it you have an open damper assembly. Has the tech even bothered to check that part out?