Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The soap dispenser on our Whirlpool dishwasher is broken. Is…

Customer Question
The soap dispenser on...

The soap dispenser on our Whirlpool dishwasher is broken. Is it possible to buy and install a new part ourselves?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Where can I find the model number?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We'd like to if at all possible. The machine is about 7 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is the dispenser a separate part or part of the whole control mechanism?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the dishwasher door the model /serial tag in on the tank face frame,

It was installed October 2010. Called "Quiet Partner I" Only number I could find - W10289945A.
I am hard of hearing so phoning difficult. Please type information.

open the dishwasher door the model /serial tag is on the tank face frame.

And W10289945A is just the part number for that sticker.

I did not send you the phone prompt that was the web site NOT I!

DU1030XTXS and F036033783. Is this right?

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

Yes the detergent dispenser can be replaced.

And it is easy to replace with just basic hand tools .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Detergent-Dispenser/WPW10224428/1515027?rcaid=1000070

Here is a video showing the replacement of the detergent dispenser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvA4tQx8ElY

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

This is NOT a free website!