Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an older Miele incduction cooktop (rather my mom has…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older Miele incduction cooktop (rather my mom has and I am there now). I was cooking, and suddenly the unit stops working, it says 31 in the main window and either E or F by each burner control surface it will not turn on or off

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I will guess it is about 10 years old, I don't know the model number it has 4 burners, two with two size zones, the top right is rectangular it has touch controls and no knobs it was sold in Sweden

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends of what work needs to be done... It just stopped working, and it is 10pm here

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If it is a reset type deal, yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
8/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

ISOLATE from Power before anything else

It is loose or corroded wire/s

This error is common on these hobs and it is always a power supply issue.
You will need to check the incoming supply cable is terminated correctly at the hob, at any cut off switch, and at the fuse box.

Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician