Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Partner at Bargain Box
99457030

I have an older Miele incduction cooktop (rather my mom has

Customer Question

i have an older Miele incduction cooktop (rather my mom has and I am there now). I was cooking, and suddenly the unit stops working, it says 31 in the main window and either E or F by each burner control surface it will not turn on or off
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: i will guess it is about 10 years old, I don't know the model number it has 4 burners, two with two size zones, the top right is rectangular it has touch controls and no knobs it was sold in Sweden
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it depends of what work needs to be done... It just stopped working, and it is 10pm here
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: if it is a reset type deal, yes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 2 months ago.

ISOLATE from Power before anything else

It is loose or corroded wire/s

This error is common on these hobs and it is always a power supply issue.
You will need to check the incoming supply cable is terminated correctly at the hob, at any cut off switch, and at the fuse box.