Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Partner at Bargain Box
99457030

I have a Fisher and Paykel DS602I drawer dishwasher. I had a

Customer Question

I have a Fisher and Paykel DS602I drawer dishwasher. I had a tech out and he says that the motor for the lid seems bad and thatthere are no parts available for this old model. Watching your video I see thatthe way to actuate the motor uses the newer interface. I don't know how to operate the diagnostice withht eold inteface. Do you?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Fisher and Paykel DS602I
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I had a tech out to check the machine and he said he thought one of the lid motors is bad. I can't run a diagnostic using the video because the model is too old. He also said there are no parts available to repair. New unit is $649. :(
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 2 months ago.

The Tech will be up with current availability of parts and would wish to assist you where possible, they make pay from repairs, not sales afterall... for peace of mind you may wish to confirm with F&P direct....

https://www.fisherpaykel.com/us/support/contact-us/