Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My side by side refrigerator ,the opening for water and ice…

Customer Question
My side by side...

My side by side refrigerator ,the opening for water and ice has ice crystals on it at the inside freezer.? Does this mean I need a new ice maker or Freezer

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Whirlpool 25 cu ft. Side by side , W10179980A, no idea how old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And W10179980A is not a model number that is a sticker part number.

Open the fresh food section the model /serial tag in on the interior wall near the top.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

No thanks I. Can not find the model number and I do not know how old

did you follow my instructions on getting the model /serial number?

they were ((Open the fresh food section the model /serial tag in on the interior wall near the top.))

John, Home Appliance Technician