Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My microwave is dead. it doesnt turn on, It's a microwave.

Customer Question
My microwave is dead...

My microwave is dead. it doesnt turn on

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

It's a microwave. Panasonic NN-H644WF.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried replugging it into a known working outlet. been away for a couple of weeks.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

nope....don't have....is there a reset switch or some sort....or a fuse?

no reset ,but you should have a inline fuse on the wire harness to the electronic control board.

and that is what I suspect is bad ,that will kill voltage to the control board.

It is a 15 amp small cartridge fuse that you can get at any hardware store.

How do I access it? Do I have to unscrew the back? And, the instructions talk about the risk of the voltage in the capacitor.

here is a link to you so you can see whay it looks like.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Line-Fuse/W10138793/1450877?mr=0?rcaid=1000070

It has a small diameter no bigger the a straw .

You have to remove the wrap around cover off and it is on the line from the cord connection to the control board.

No issue with the capacitor the fuse is part of the line voltage not the high voltage system .

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time
This is NOT a free website!