Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

I have a 5 year old HE microwave that came with home barely

Customer Question

I have a 5 year old HE microwave that came with home barely used. I returned home from military training and the light inside remains on as if door is open or food finished. I checked it out open and closed door but it won't work only light remains on and you can set clock.
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: JVM1540SM4SS 200913 L MANUFAC 2011
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No just had surgery yesterday...down for 4 weeks ..will need repair person
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How much cost to repair and problem with equipment
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Appliance Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: Ok...do you have a tech that can come today? If so Eric Stone(###) ###-####5201 Pale Sage Lane Rosharon, Texas 77583
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 2 months ago.

I​t sounds like you have a defective door switch. If you want someone to service it call GE 1(###) ###-####and they can send a factory tech or an authorized GE service tech.