Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 5 year old HE microwave that came with home barely…

Customer Question
I have a 5...

I have a 5 year old HE microwave that came with home barely used. I returned home from military training and the light inside remains on as if door is open or food finished. I checked it out open and closed door but it won't work only light remains on and you can set clock.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

JVM1540SM4SS 200913 L MANUFAC 2011

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No just had surgery yesterday...down for 4 weeks ..will need repair person

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How much cost to repair and problem with equipment

Contractor's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Appliance Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Ok...do you have a tech that can come today? If so Eric Stone(###) ###-####5201 Pale Sage Lane Rosharon, Texas 77583

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

I​t sounds like you have a defective door switch. If you want someone to service it call GE 1(###) ###-####and they can send a factory tech or an authorized GE service tech.