Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an AMana refrigerator, bottom freezer, serial no.

Customer Question
I have an AMana...

I have an AMana refrigerator, bottom freezer, serial no. K31800012, and I'm getting water pooling under refrigerator, right side, not every day, but almost every day. Also, there is a layer of ice forming on bottom of freezer, underneath freezer basket.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model ABB2224WEW2, bought in 2013

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's an easy fix, yes. Otherwise, I'll call a technician.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Behind the rear interior freezer wall panel is the Evaporator coil ,and under the coil is the drain trough that has the opening for the defrost drain line.

I suspect that the defrost drain line opening is clogged and frozen over with ice.

Once the drain trough fills with ice the defrost water leaks over the trough and out from under the wall panel and on to the freezer floor.

You will need to remove everything out of the freezer and remove the rear interior wall panel .

and defrost the ice in the drain trough I use a hair dryer / heat gun and a turkey baster with hot water to clear the drain line and drain line opening.

if you have any questions just reply back to me.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

Master Tech
Master Tech