Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Oven door is rubbing on self cleaning lever when you try to…

Customer Question
Oven door is rubbing...

Oven door is rubbing on self cleaning lever when you try to shut it, Why?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE Model JB690SF1SS 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

This is normally an issue of when the unit was in a self clean mode some one tried to open the door by forcing the latch.

Lets take the latch lever all the way to the right and once the lever stops to the far right push the lever even farther to bend the lever some.

Then move the lever back to the left and then see if it still rubs on the door .let me know please.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

This is NOT a free web site.