Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Have wtw7600xwo cabrio washer at times will not drain in…

Customer Question
Have wtw7600xwo cabrio washer...

Have wtw7600xwo cabrio washer at times will not drain in middle of cycle. Did diagnostic test got code F-32.It does do this all the time. Seems to do it more when washing a load of towels.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool cabrio wtw7600xw0 top loader about 7-8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When the washer stops working in middle of cycle lights flashing it shows Ld.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Both of these errors mean that the washer is taking too long to drain the water out. You'll need to tip the the washer backwards and unplug the unit so you can get under the washer. The drain pump is mounted to the back of the washer under the tub. It will need to be removed to check for any blockages. If you find nothing, then drain all the water out and try the washer again. If you get the error code again and you found nothing in the drain pump, you need to replace the drain pump itself. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the drain pump so you can check for debris or replace the pump.

CLICK HERE for video

And below is a link to the drain pump for your washer in case you need it.

CLICK HERE for drain pump

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

If something is stuck in the pump would it stop the washing cycle every time ? What about the pressure switch sensor?

Not always. Sometimes it can stall the impeller and other times it might just slow it down. The pressure switch is built into the main control board and yes that is a possibility if you are certain the washer is draining everything out and it's giving the error anyways. In that case, you would need a new main control board.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc