Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a side by side kenmore refrigerator freezer with a…

Customer Question
I have a side...

I have a side by side kenmore refrigerator freezer with a water and ice dispenser on the door. I changed the filter twice ran the water for 5 minutes and the water and ice cubes still have a very bad taste Can this problem be fixed for a reasonable cost?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The Kenmore is 14 years old Model # (I have to get it) be back in a minute #10653504300

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I just moved into this apt. condo and am in my 80's

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't have too much money to spend on a repair that might not be able to be done--and spend $90 for a service call

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If you run the chilled water into a clear glass do you see any floating objects in the glass?

I just want to know if the problem I initially entered regarding my Kenmore refrigerator is able to be fixed for a nominal fee
I've been going in circles on 'sears web site and am not happy about that

Yes the issue can be fixed !

but all of the plastic tubing inside the unit will need to be replaced.

But the parts are not cheap and then you will have to pay for a service company to come in and remove the old tubing and install the new tubing.

My estimate for parts and labor will be $200 -300 .

I think you best bet is to replace the refrigerator and sell this one to some one to recoop some of your money.

If you have any questions just reply back to me!

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

I see you have NOT replied back to me .

Do you still need assistance on your question?If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me, I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

This is NOT a free Website!