Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Roper washer mod # rtw4640yqo that is 4 years old.

Customer Question
I have a Roper...

I have a Roper washer mod # rtw4640yqo that is 4 years old. As I was the washer goes off balance easy ./m MADESURE IT WAS LEVEL. AND CLOTHS WAS arranged in wash basket right

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

4years old and mod is RTW4640yqo

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that will be all thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Yes that is a common issue with those models when they get a little age on them, you need to replace the suspension rods and that will take care of that problem. The replacement kit is listed below along with directions to replace them.

Washer Suspension Rod Kit

Part #: W10257088 - click here for part info at sears

Here is a video that shows how to replace the suspension rods, its not your exact model washer but the replacement procedure is the same as yours - click here for video

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?