Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpood dishwasher, Model Number WDF510PAYS2,

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpood...

I have a Whirlpood dishwasher, Model Number WDF510PAYS2, Serial Number F20626334. It will not drain. I have attempted to cancel wash and drain several times and end up with water in the floor. I think I can hear the the machines attempt to switch on the pump, but not drain. Help Please. Lonnie

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 4 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We live about 50 miles from nearest Tech. If I can I will.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm old and forgetful.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

ok so when you press cancel once you do hear the unit trying to drain correct?

Have you checked the dishwasher drain hose to make sure it is not kinked or restricted with debris?

And does this dishwasher drain into a garbage disposal?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?