Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model 4220 motor gets too hot to touch. machine runs at

Customer Question
Model 4220 motor gets...

Model 4220 motor gets too hot to touch. machine runs at speed but randomly slows & stops

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since sewing awning fabric weight material

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Singer Inspiration model 4220

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I'm an engineer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a replacement motor?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The motor you need is singer part number:

Motor, Singer #362290-001

but they are no longer being manufactured for that model, you may find a used on ebay or amazon, but other than that you may just want to buy a used machine on ebay to have replacement parts for the one you have because they are not making many parts for that model anymore.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.