Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem with my ice maker on a

Customer Question

Hi I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem with my ice maker on a Samsung RFG297297HDWP. I've went through many of the forums and had found that while my water through the door works fine I don't seem to be getting any water to the ice maker (repeated reset button attempts over a few days, Left unplugged for about 2 hours (warmed up) removed ice maker during that time and completely dried it out - still bone dry) I suspect the water inlet valve but am unsure if it can be bad and still work for the door water supply. Any insight?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Samsung RFG297297HDWP bought 12/2012
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I do have multimeters and took electronics when in school so can do more than average electrical work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I found out how to run the self diagnosis and it produced error 39 E. I also took ice maker out again and this time it had some water in it (first time in days) Am now thinking the ice maker release heater is toast (we did have a power outage over the weekend when this all started) Perhaps a spike when it returned? Would you recommend replacing the ice maker unit or doing further troubleshooting?

Replace the icemaker these fail all the time. I would order a new one from repairclinic.com or searspartsdirect.com

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.