Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Are you familiar with the Maytag JETCLEAN DISHWASHER EQ

Customer Question
Are you familiar with...

Are you familiar with the Maytag JETCLEAN DISHWASHER EQ PLUS?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1997 and I don't know. It was one of the top-of-the-line

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Does this appliance have a RE-SET button somewhere? The front of the appliance with all the press-command features got wiped down, and now it is like the appliance is unplugged. No lights, no response, etc.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The only reset option would be to press and hold the heated dry button (may be called "no heat dry" "air dry" or "energy saver dry" depending on the model). If you press and hold this for 5 seconds and it doesn't unlock the control panel, flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes and re-apply power to see if it reset. Other than that something failed. You'll need to test the junction box below the dishwasher to make sure you have 110 volts at the junction box where the power cord connects to the dishwasher and if so then you're looking a bad door latch assembly or bad main control in your control panel.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.