Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool stove wfe320m0ab0 error code f9. About 5 to 6

Customer Question
Whirlpool stove wfe320m0ab0 error...

Whirlpool stove wfe320m0ab0 error code f9

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 5 to 6 years wfe320m0ab0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just a diagnosis of what part is bad

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F9 on this oven means that the oven thinks it's mis-wired from the house. You need to flip the breaker off for 60 seconds to the oven and flip it back on. If the error comes back, pull the oven out and remove the back access panel where the power cord connects to the back of the oven. Test power between the 2 outside power wires and you should have 220 volts between the 2 outside power wires. Test power between each outside wire to the middle wire and you should have 110 volts on both tests. If that all checks good, your display board has just failed and needs to be replaced because it's not reading the power coming in from the power cord correctly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?