Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ice maker has ice in the container and the water line is…

Customer Question
My ice maker has...

My ice maker has ice in the container and the water line is fine but the ice is not dropping

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model M8RXEGMABO1 BLACK FREEZERE TOP TYPE 18 ATM

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NOT REALLY

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THERE WAS WATER ON THE FLOOR WHEN I CAME HOME FROM WORK ONE DAY BUT I COULD NOT FIND ANY LEAKS IN THE WATER LINE TO THE REFRIGERATOR. THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED AGAIN

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the icemaker has ice in it and it won't cycle and drop the ice there are only 3 reasons it won't cycle.

1. The icemaker could just be jammed with ice. Use a hair dryer and thaw out the icemaker. Then give it 24 hours and see if it works---if not then replace the icemaker.

2. The freezer temperature must be below 10ºF. That is significantly below freezing, but it must be below 10ºF or the icemaker won't cycle.

3. The icemaker could just be bad. If the freezer temperature checks good and the icemaker was thawed out yet it just won't cycle, you need to replace the icemaker.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?