Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have the kenmore elite He5t model and it will not power up

Customer Question

I have the kenmore elite He5t model and it will not power up can you help me with that.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Maybe 2 yrs old. HE5t
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I just plugged it in and no display lights are on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

First you want to check the power at the wall plug and make sure your breaker/fuse is not tripped and make sure its supplying the proper voltage to the machine, if that checks out ok unplug the machine for 5 minutes plug it back in and if the unit still does not power on then the main board is dead and needs to be replaced, if you send me the model number I will be glad to give you the replacement part number for the board so you can get one ordered if needed, thanks.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

I see you have viewed that answer and I have not heard back from you and the question is still open is there any thing else I can help you with today?