Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The norcold 1200 small red light in the back of the fridge…

Customer Question
The norcold 1200 small...

The norcold 1200 small red light in the back of the fridge is not lit, it blinked a couple of times while fooling with it and now there is no lights at all on the front or back or anywhere on the fridge.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

I will get back to you shortly Im going to check it out I know that it a1200 with a ice maker.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope so it is about 13 yrs old I have a fella that does my 12 volt that is a genius.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know what else I can tell you. Do you need the serial no?l

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/3/2017
Appliance Technician: RJ, Appliance Tech. replied 11 months ago
RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I am a RV tech and know this fridge pretty well please respond back if you still need more help on this and I can help you.....

Robert

when will you answer my question
i've been waiting since 430 this afternoon thanks

I understand that and asked if you STILL needed help I work all day for a RV manufacturer.

Have you checked the fuses on the circuit board??? The circuit board will be outside under the access panel. IF you remove the cover on the board you will see 2 fuses, one is for the DC power or what allows the fridge to turn ON and the other is for the AC power, make sure you unplug the cord from the outlet before removing the cover on the board. You do not want to touch the AC fuse with it plugged in. IF the DC fuse is blown the fridge will not turn on at all.

You can also bypass that sensor for TESTING ONLY, pull the DC in and DC out wire from the sensor and touch them together and see if the fridge turns on.....

Let me know if you need more help you can follow up as much as needed. Please keep in mind it takes time to type and respond back.

ROBERT

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert