Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

None of the burners will heat any more on my stove top. One…

Customer Question
None of the burners...

None of the burners will heat any more on my stove top. One is an original 2 burner unit and 1 is a much newer 2 burner unit ..This stove was purchased in May 2011

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

This is a .drop in unit. I know nothing about a thermostat or filters. it is like current getting to them.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. I have no ideas what to do. I was looking for someone who repairs this in my area.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If none of the burners heat, your unit is only getting 110 volts instead of 220 volts needed to heat. Try flipping the circuit breaker off and back on to the stove top. If that doesn't work, then you will need an electrician to check the junction box on your house or the power cord because there is nothing inside the cooktop itself that would stop all the burners from heating, only 1 or 2 of the burners but not all of them.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was looking for a Jenn-air repair service in my area. thanks but I will call an electrician. I am not happy with this service and will be cancelling. Thank you.

ok