Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 18 year old Whirlpool Gold has an error code. The self…

Customer Question
My 18 year old...

My 18 year old Whirlpool Gold has an error code. The self cleaning oven is trying to come on when I plugged the stove back in.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is 18 years old Model number is/may be GR396LXGQ Talked with a technician from Whirlpool and she said she was sending a copy of the manual to my email. Have not received it. Is this a correct model number?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

All I need is the code to undo what my house keeper did. No parts to replace Just a code reset to make my stove work

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

HELP Me

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the self cleaning is trying to come on as soon as you plug it in, this is a failed control board. There is nothing you can do to reset this error, the display board must be replaced to resolve the issue because that is the main board for your oven. The problem is that the control board is no longer made so the only option is to send the display board in to have it refurbished. Core Centric Solutions is the place you would send it to refurbish the board and it typically costs about $150-200 and takes about a week.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.