Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

WHIRLPOOL FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR MODEL WRF990SLAM03 IN…

Customer Question
WHIRLPOOL FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR...

WHIRLPOOL FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR MODEL WRF990SLAM03 IN REFRIGERATOR HAS A SET OF COIL THEY ARE FREEZING UP CAN NOT GET THE FAN MOTOR TO WORK. THIS IS BEHIND A DRAWER IN THE REFRIGERATOR.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

THE MODEL WEF990SLAM03

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

WE HAVE REPLACED THE CONTROL BOARD AND THE SMALL FAN MOTOR IN THE REFRIGERATOR PART

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The coil keeps freezing up because the unit has a defrost issue that needs to be fixed, the automatic defrost is not working in the refrigerator section most times that is caused by a bad defrost thermister, the thermister is built into the wiring harness for the evaporator area so you have to buy and replace the entire harness but it just unplugs at the top of the evaporator so its not that big of a deal,. the part you need to order and replace is listed below:

Refrigerator Wire Harness

Part #: W10277799 - click here for part info

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.