Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have the Cabrini platinum too load washer and I the cold

Customer Question

I have the Cabrini platinum too load washer and I the cold water will not come out and I keep getting and error code of Ld and ol
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool cabrio platinum. I believe one year old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I damctey I can try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I really want my washer to work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So first, Ld means that the washer isn't draining properly which will cause the second error. "ol" means that the washer is overloaded and this would occur if the washer wasn't draining all the way and the washer tried to move the tub with water inside. You'll need to tip the the washer backwards and unplug the unit so you can get under the washer. The drain pump is mounted to the back of the washer under the tub. It will need to be removed to check for any blockages. If you find nothing, then drain all the water out and try the washer again. If you get the error code again and you found nothing in the drain pump, you need to replace the drain pump itself. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the drain pump so you can check for debris or replace the pump. Also, just so you understand---that buzzing noise is the drain pump trying to run.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.