Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag bravos washer and dryer and the dryer is…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag bravos washer and dryer and the dryer is giving me trouble ive replaced the heating element and the thermistor and now its throwing a code and im not sure what to look for . The code is f3 el any idea whats happening

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Medx700xwo or mvwx700xw1 one is washer other is the dryer im looking at an old picture

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have up to now it depends on whats wrong im considering junking it rt now

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

It sounds like you're on the right track and must know that the error means the thermistor is out of range. It's possible that the thermistor came faulty, but not likely. If you have a multimeter you can test and see for sure what the problem is. Here are the steps.

1. Unplug dryer or disconnect power.

2. Access the machine control panel electronics.

3. Remove the P14 connector on the main control board, then measure the resistance between P14-3 (red-white wire) and P14-6 (red-white wire) at the connector.

5. If 5–15 kΩ are measured, replace the machine control electronics. If the resistance is greater than 20 kΩ, replace the exhaust thermistor.

Now my guess is that the control board is bad since you already replace the thermistor already but if you wanted to test first you can definitely do that.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?