Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

A fuse blew to power my dryer and when i replaced them my

Customer Question

a fuse blew to power my dryer and when i replaced them my dryer still doesn't work. what else should i do?
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I DID UNPLUG IT BUT I DIDNT LEAVE IT OFF FOR A FEW HOURS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I HAVE HAD SOME ELECTRICAL TRAINING BUT ITS BEEN A WHILE AND NEVER WITH COMPUTERS.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: IF I HAVE TO OPEN UP THE DRYER ILL NEED A TECH
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How many hours should i leave my dryer unplugged to recycle the circuit
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

when the dryer blew the fuse it probably also blew the thermal fuse inside the dryer, you will have to open the dryer to up to fix it so you will need to call a tech from what you stated.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.