Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

RMUM Church has an LXi series Hobart dishwasher. It performs

Customer Question

RMUM Church has an LXi series Hobart dishwasher. It performs just fine but won't clean fresh coffee stains from cups and glasses still have spots even with the use of a rinse product. I checked the hardness of the water. It is 17.4 grains. Obviously, the detergent needs a booster of some kind. Can I add LemiShine (citric acid) to the bottom of the dishwasher as a booster? The church as a full carton of the detergent it has used for years. If I have to replace the detergent, please tell me which one to purchase. No matter how much I read about commercial dishwashing detergents, there is not a clear choice. Thanks. Sharon
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: LXi, the one that uses high heat to sterilize . All the Church's paperwork has disappeared over the years. I downloaded the manual so I could trouble shoot. I do not find anything about a diagnostic test cycle.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: The church will hire a Hobart service tech if the problem is not just hard water. The church will not install any kind of water treatment system. That's why I need to try dealing with hardness first.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Such as what? I have checked to make sure there is detergent and rinse away connected to the tubes that feed the dishwasher. No I don't know the brand of detergent we are using.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Just add some vinegar to the machine when you start it up that should clean all that up fast. Let me know if it does not.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.