Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirl pool propane dryer and the heat is not

Customer Question
I have a whirl...

I have a whirl pool propane dryer and the heat is not working to dry the clothes. Should I fix the dryer or buy a new dryer?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Around 18 to 20 years and it is gas

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

At the moment no.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the dryer still sounds normal and is in good condition, I would think it's worth fixing. These older Whirlpool units were built to last. Typically when the dryer stops heating on a gas unit, it's because the gas coils have gotten weak and need to be replaced, or a thermal fuse has failed because the vent through your house is getting clogged. It would probably cost about $150 to fix either issue if you called a technician out, but I'd expect another 5-10 years if you did fix it----unless you hear something else going out on the dryer like a lot of rumbling or squeaking etc...

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?