Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I just bought a LG refrigerator from Lowes that had been

Customer Question

I just bought a LG refrigerator from Lowes that had been brought back but has a warranty. It isn't working right and Lowes said to contact LG. It has 2 error codes. 1 is ER and the other is FF. Is this something that we can handle ourselves?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Less than a year I am pretty sure. Maybe just a couple of months. the Model # is LFx
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Mod # is LFX33975ST/03 and the Serial # is 310KRNM23919. We will if we can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It didn't have a basket in the freezer but we are ordering 1. H20 hasn't been hooked up yet either.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

First this error Er FF means that your freezer fan isn't running properly which is why the freezer isn't working properly and the water has stopped due to the water reservoir freezing from lack of air flow. You'll need to pull everything out of the freezer and sometimes the fan is just frozen with ice which you can thaw out with a hair dryer to get it functional again. Other than that, if you thaw the fan out and it still won't run, you need to replace it. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to access the fan motor on your unit and remove the back panel inside the freezer. If you don't have an icemaker in the freezer on your model then just skip that step in the video. To reset the error, just unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and plug it back in and the error will go away---but if there is still a problem then the error will come back after a short time.

CLICK HERE for video

All that said, if this unit is less than a year old and still has a warranty, then just call warranty and they will repair the unit at no charge. I would only work on your refrigerator if there was no warranty left.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?