John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

During the spin cycle, the agitator spins but the tub does

Customer Question

During the spin cycle, the agitator spins but the tub does not. The laundry gets beat up and is soaking wet.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Without going back down to the basement, the machine is about three years old. We have had this problem with the agitator. There are joints between the top and bottom half that snags strings on running shorts. When the tub rotated, it was usually out of balance and the machine danced around. Now the tub does not rotate.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Do you happen to have a model number located on a sticker below the lid tucked down underneath (not on the lid itself) by the hinges? It’s really difficult to see because they try to hide it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
GTWN2800D1WW
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Gentlemen: I have waited more than 24 hours. I have not received not one bit of information or assistance from your group. I would like a full refund of my $40. I should have learned from the first time I used this service. Sincerely: ***** ********