Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Smelled natural gas sulphuric smell outside from the dryer…

Customer Question
Smelled natural gas sulphuric...

Smelled natural gas sulphuric smell outside from the dryer vent at my sons house. Was told it has been doing that since they built the house and installed the dryer, so they are not concerned. Can the smell be ignored or is there a safety issue?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2012 Samsung steam. She can't look for the model just now as she is working.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No just want to know if we can ignore or if there is a safety issue.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Looks like exhaust obstruction is something we could look at ourselves so would like to know things we can do to address before calling a professional.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

If it were my family ?

Get a Plumber/Gasfitter to look at it... no question

Sulfur and rotten egg gas are noxious, Natural Gas is highly combustible and if contained may explode

That it has been ongoing for some time only indicates that no-one has bothered rather than all is OK

Now, before we finish, the Rating System needs you to give a Star Rating in order for the exchange to be finalised, so please give your honest assessment if you feel you had positive outcome.