Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool duet he front load washer started to get really…

Customer Question
Whirlpool duet he front load...
Whirlpool duet he front load washer started to get really loud on spin cycle, like a jet taking off.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Usually what happens is the main rear drum bearing and seal are going out so it makes a roaring jet engine like noise and that makes people believe it's spinning ultra fast. This is a major issue and requires you to replace the rear outer tub and the entire inner stainless steel tub because the shaft that goes through the bearing is part of the inner stainless steel tub and the bearing is part of the rear outer tub (the bearing and shaft can not be ordered separately). The cost is extremely expensive so most people won't repair the unit if this is the case. The cost of repairing this is usually about $700 or so.

The other thing to look out for is if you hear it running on spin and it's not roaring but it makes a banging noise or "clunk" every revolution when it's spinning fast. That means that one of the spider arms on the shaft has broken free from the inner stainless steel basket and you just need to replace the inner stainless steel basket because it can't hold it true and straight anymore.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?