Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I literally just had a whirlpool dishwasher installed and

Customer Question

Hi! I literally just had a whirlpool dishwasher installed and forgot to ask the technician a question. I have two big dogs - who shed alot. With the old dishwasher I had, the fur would get caught under the small panel below the door., so we had to remove it and sweep so it wasn't a fire hazard. How do I remove the panel on this dishwasher? The model number is *****
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it's brand new - and the model number is ***** - Serial number F71302710
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well - if it's just lifting the panel I will? Just to sweep under it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that's it....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

on the outside of the very bottom panel / toe plate you will see two black nylon panel retainers one on the left and right side that look like the image below:

click here for image

just loosen those and the panel will pull off.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Here are some more thorough directions if you can't figure out it from my initial reply:

click here for directions

I see you have viewed that answer and I have not heard back from you and the question is still open is there any thing else I can help you with today?