Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher is now flashing a light. I can no longer

Customer Question

My dishwasher is now flashing a light. I can no longer program anything. Does this mean it is time for a new dishwasher?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: My dishwasher is a whirlpool gold - energy star(###) ###-####- mod GU2500XTP81 - Ser FR4907466. I do not know how to run a test cycle. None of the buttons respond.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: How easy is it? I dont want to call a technician just to find out I must replace the dishwasher.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

What light is flashing exactly as this is normally an error code?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is a small light on the upper left hand side of the controls - above the controls to program the wash.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK, what button is it over? Is it the clean light?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is above the Accu Sense button
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK perfect, thank you. So that light flashing means your touch control panel has failed and needs to be replaced. The control panel is different from the control board, so don't replace the board---that part is still good. Below is a link to the control panel you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.