Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I chatted with Tyler on 1/17/17 and he had diagnosed my

Customer Question
Hi, I chatted with...

Hi, I chatted with Tyler on 1/17/17 and he had diagnosed my problem then as me needing part number da61-06796a. I ordered the part and installed it and until a month ago it seemed to do the trick. Now I have to remove the deli drawer every morning and wipe up the water pooling so it doesn't freeze. The water seems to be more near the water bottle near there? I can send you a picture?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

One month. A big enough problem that I have to wipe up the water everyday

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you want a photo of what I'm talking about

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Hello again. So first, I would remove the back panel again and make sure the drain hole isn't backing up again. If it is, you need to do a better job of cleaning out the drain line by blowing compressed air down the hole to make sure it's clear all the way down to the pan below the refrigerator. If it's not backing up, then you're looking at an issue with your water reservoir against the back wall inside the refrigerator being cracked or leaking somehow so that reservoir would need to be replaced.

Would I be able to tell if the reservoir is cracked or leaking?

Typically you'll get a drip somewhere if you dispense the water dispenser and you look closely. But there really isn't anything left if the drain line isn't clogged anymore.

Is there a way to absolutely tell that that the drain line is clear?

Yes, blow compressed air through it. Then pour a cup of water down and see if the water drains out without backing up.

Thanks!

No problem and good luck again.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

I've had the back panel off all day and everything has defrosted. When I shoot air down the drain hole I have no idea where that should come out and when I have put water down it it doesn't come out anywhere and I have no idea where I should be looking

If you put water down, and it's not backing up then you're good. The water just goes into a drain pan below the refrigerator but that is nothing you need to worry about unless you overfill it. The compressor gets hot and will cause the water to evaporate over time. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.