Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Partner at Bargain Box
99457030

I have just bought a washsmart Pisher and Paykel and tried

Customer Question

I have just bought a washsmart Pisher and Paykel and tried to instal it this evening. It is leaving from the front of the machine and not filling. i have checked the hoses and they look fine. I took out the filter and there was water behind it. There is evidence of water having sprayed into the detergent drawer but not much. What else can i do?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a brand new smartwash fisher and paykel.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it is under warranty so if there is anything more than an installation issue, no.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Wonder if you might read by first post to provide me with some suggestions on what I might do.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 2 months ago.

I would suggest you call the place where it was bought and explain the problems, it is under warranty afterall

I find it surprising that they did not offer to deliver and set it up for you

There may be a shipping plug that needs to be removed... did you follow all the directions to the letter ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Gosh, I have never had an appliance delivered and installed. I must be doing something wrong. I did follow all the instructions re removing the transport bolts. Have rung Fisher and Paykel so hoping they will get back to me next week.

Perhaps the Deliver/Install is an Australian thing, but it works for us... and makes the purchase and transport a no brainer unless you have a truck !

Best wishes

Now, before we finish, the Rating System needs you to give a Star Rating in order for the exchange to be finalised, so please give your honest assessment if you feel you had positive outcome.