Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Whirlpool Duet dryer was working fine up until we moved…

Customer Question
Our Whirlpool Duet dryer was...
Our Whirlpool Duet dryer was working fine up until we moved it from or old house to our new house. Now it makes a grinding noise when it spins. Is this something I might be able to fix myself?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Open the door on the dryer and look on the frame of the dryer for a tag that has the model and serial number listed on it and send me that model number so I can give you model specific instructions, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Whirlpool
MOD: WGD9200SQ1
SER: MW4217886
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

You probably just knocked the drum off track when you moved it, below is a video that shows how to take the unit apart so that you can look and see whats going on. You may need to replace the drum support rollers as shown in the video or the belt tensioner pulley, you will just have to tear it apart and look and see whats going on, but the video below will show how to do that.

click here for video

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?