Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Thermador Refrigerator is really hot to the touch on the

Customer Question

My Thermador Refrigerator is really hot to the touch on the bottom and along the door of the freezer. I just changed the water filter and discarded the existing ice, but this heat is not normal
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: it is 18 months old, make and model are T36BB820SS/58
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm not sure, I'm not really sure what is wrong with it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The bottom vent is where the hot air from the compressor exits. I'm not there to see if it's normal or not, but the frame long the door way and bottom will get hotter than they are supposed to if the condenser below the refrigerator needs to be cleaned or the fan next to the compressor stops running. You might try to clean the condenser if you wanted to remove the bottom vent panel and if that checks good and the fan is running, the only thing left would be a compressor that is just inefficient and over working so call warranty out because there is an extended warranty on the sealed system components like the compressor and such.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?