Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool french door refrigerator (WRF767SDEM) and

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool french door refrigerator (WRF767SDEM) and the refrigerator section is warmer than normal. My attempts to adjust the temp have not worked. What can I do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I purchased it 06/16/2016
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I guess so, whatever "work" means. Can you help me to troubleshoot it first?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I walked through the appliance guide, the setting in the fridge section said it was 36 degrees which was way off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately this unit is well known for having a freon leak. If the refrigerator isn't cooling well and you set it even colder but it won't get colder, it sounds like you have a freon leak that has finally gotten bad enough to affect the temperature. Eventually it will stop making ice once it gets worse. You may want to contact Whirlpool (they own Maytag) at 1.***-***-**** and see if they were willing to help with any repairs since it's just over a year old, at the very least they can tell you who is authorized to work on your appliance. Either way, they will have to check the freon pressure and repair the freon leak I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?