Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Supposed to be help for washing machine, whirlpool duet

Customer Question
Supposed to be help...

Supposed to be help for washing machine

Contractor's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Whirlpool duet front load

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

All I really need to know is where is the pump filter?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number? And what is your problem?

um, model number? i haveW10656457B
need to clean pump filter
the number I gave you is what is on my user manual

That is a part number. Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

let me go look

OK if the door won't open just let me know.

Door is locked right now

OK perfect. So because I don't know the model number I'll go over both ways to access your filter. If you have a lower front panel below the door way, just unscrew the screws below the lower front panel and pull the lower front panel off to access the filter catch.

If your front panel is all one panel from the bottom of the washer up to the control panel. Unfortunately these washers are not easy at all to access and fix a drain problem. The top panel, the control panel, and the entire front panel all need to be removed so that you can access the pump below the tub. It's really a bad design and it was never this difficult in the past, but now there is quite a bit of work involved to clear the drain so unless you're really handy, this is not something you'll want to tackle yourself.

To access the drain pump, you need to pull the washer forward and unplug it. Pull the dispenser drawer completely off the washer. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in through the dispenser opening and the screws coming from the inside of the washer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Tip the wash back a bit and there are 2 screws in the bottom right and left corner you need to remove. Open the door and you need to disconnect the rubber door gasket. There is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off the gasket. Now you can remove the front panel to access the drain pump located under the drum attached to the drain pump mounted to the floor.

There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc