Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We purchased at 33in 17.5 French door Samsung refrigerator

Customer Question

Hello. We purchased at 33in 17.5 French door Samsung refrigerator online through Home Depot on May 1, 2017. The model # is RF18HFENBSR. The freezer does not work. Can you please tell me how to get it fixed or to get a different refrigerator? Thank you.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We bought it May 1, 2017. The model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. Since it has not worked since it was installed, we would ask that Samsung take care of it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so. When the installers put it in, we knew the refrigerator part was working but did not realize the freezer would not freeze or make ice until after they were gone. Home Depot refuses to assist.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the unit is less than a year old, you need to contact warranty for service. Their number is *****

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will call this number. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

good luck

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?