Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a kenmore dishwasher, about two years old. It will…

Customer Question
I have a kenmore...

I have a kenmore dishwasher, about two years old. It will not stop flashing a code "F2 and E2". I can't get it to work or quit flashing that code even if I hold down the cancel button.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about 2 years old. I look inside and see the cycles on the tope of the door in digital but no model number.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where do i find the model number?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the dishwasher door the model /serial tag is on the tank face frame.

this is what i found onlineI too, have the evil F2E2 code on my Sears Kenmore Elite dishwasher; and yes, it's the 665 model. I have searched the internet to find that Sears has known about this problem for over 2 years. The cheesy, cheap clamp they put on the hose is right above a white box with a red wire plug and a blue wire plug. Take a guess as to what gets wet when this cheesy, cheap hose clamp leaks and eventually comes off? There is no fix in the way of a new mother board, control panel, wiring harness; that's not the problem. The problem it would seem is that this white electrical box gets wet and throws the code. If you read the blogs, you'll see that weeks have passed since the service man came out and finally repaired the unit with what Sears wants you to do; and that is buy a part, $260 worth. That isn't the problem. First replace the hose clamp with an american made real hose clamp. Then unplug the white box, remove it, blow out the remaining hidden water droplets, set it out in the sun for an hour or so, so the sun can heat up the box and dry out the hidden water droplets, take a dry toothbrush and vigorously clean the terminals to remove any possible corrosion, reinstall the box and the unit, press the reset code 123,123,123, cancel, cancel and the thing should reset and work. The only reason the repair man's new part worked in the blogs is because time had passed and the little white box dried out. The part was never broken. Again, Sears has known about this problem for more than 2 years, but they're making a killing on selling you new control boxes and wiring harnesses. Good luck.i see no model number but see W10620236A.

The model number is ***** and then 7-8 digits after the 665.If you open the dishwasher door the model /serial tag is on the tank face frame.

And you do realize this site id NOT Sears and has nothing to do with SEARS correct?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

John, Home Appliance Technician