John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Cae2743bqo how do i run the diagnostic cycle. I have a lid

Customer Question

cae2743bqo how do i run the diagnostic cycle
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: yes. I have a lid lock fault. I replaced the switch, now have flashing light and the lock is engaged without the latch closed. I dont recall how to run the diagnostic cycle.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Im the maintenance guy for our apartment community. Ive had success before, this one has me fouled up. Im Dave
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If I could call up the fault codes it would help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

to run a diagnostics mode!

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off, or all indicators lit but not flashing).

NOTE: There are 5 failure modes that can cause the washer to go out of service, indicated by all of the LEDs lit, but not flashing. When this occurs, the washer cannot be started until the condition that caused the failure is corrected and the fault code is cleared. Use the following steps to enter into Fault Code Display Mode, view the fault code, and clear logged fault codes.

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Place cycle selector knob pointer at 12 o’clock position and wait 3–4 seconds before proceeding.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise one click.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise one click.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click.

 Successful activation of Diagnostic Test Modes will be indicated by all status LEDs (except for Lid Locked) flashing ON and OFF in half-second intervals. NOTE: LED names may vary between makes and models.

once the DONE light is illuminated .

Press the START button to enter Fault Code Display Mode. The status LEDs flash on and off.

And count the flashes and then it will have a pause and a second set of flashing numbers .

So count the flashes before the pause and after the pause.

and let me know what you get.