Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I recently purchase a Whrilpool self cleaning hidden water…

Customer Question
I recently purchase a...

I recently purchase a Whrilpool self cleaning hidden water bottle water cooler. Model 8LIECH-SC-SSS-SL-W. The led indicator light is flashing and the water is not getting cold. I let it sit overnight and it has ample space from wall. I know when the cold water led stops flashing the water is cold but it has never stopped and water is not cold.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I bought it off a auction site and got it yesterday.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It looks to be a return maybe but it is like new.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

What is your question on this appliance?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model No: 8LIECH-SC-SSS-5L-W. Water is not getting cold and led light is flashing. I know that when it stops flashing the water is supposed to be cold. Unit has had ample time to get cold as I left it on overnight.

the manufacture recommend 24 hours for temperature to level out.

If it has not been 24 hours , wait until then to see if you still have the issue.

Do you purchase the unit was is or did it have a warranty with it?