Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a samsung refrigerator model RF267AERS taht is freezing…

Customer Question
Have a samsung...

Have a samsung refrigerator model RF267AERS taht is freezing up, after this it doesn't cool. You unplug the thing for 24 hr and plugs it back up, it will work for a while until I guess it freezes up. Does the samsung refrigerator model RF267AERS Has a kit to solve this problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought it about 4 years ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes only cause is cheaper

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Main frige keeps fairly cool, ice maker part, freezer part is not working as before

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What exactly is "freezing up"?

The ice maker , with condensation taht falls out into the crisper drawer. As a consequence the freezer on bottom is noticeable less cool for same temperature

This is actually a very common issue with your refrigerator and the water is accumulating under the deli drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator because the drain line is backing up. If you look at part number 97 in the diagram below, this is the part you need to remove so that you can see the silver evaporator and the drain trough below it. Pull all the drawers out and remove this panel. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly.

Now if you remove this panel and the drain is not clogged but you find the silver coils completely packed with frost, you actually have a defrost issue and you'll need to thaw all the frost out with a hair dryer and likely replace the defrost temperature sensor clipped onto the top of the silver evaporator coils. Below is a link to the sensor.

CLICK HERE for sensor

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?