Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Maytag Bravos washer, about 6 years old. I tried

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Bravos washer, about 6 years old. I tried running the cleaning cycle with afresh yesterday and it got stuck on 7 minutes, while continuously filling with water. I stopped it, turned it off, then tried again. It did it again today for several hours (I started it as I was leaving the house). We only use HE detergent in the washer. Can you help?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is about 6 years old and the model is MVWB300WQ2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible. We try to learn all we can so if things like this happen in the future, we can fix it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was able to do 3 loads the same day prior to running the cleaning cycle with no issues
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I would assume running the clean cycle you have dislodged some minerals or even detergent that has restricted the water level pressure switch hose.

So the control board is not sensing that the unit is in fact filling with water.

I would open the console remove the pressure switch from the control board and try blowing into the hose to clear the restriction.

If that does not work it could be an issue that the control board has failed and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok Thank you. I will give that a try.

good luck if you find that blowing thru the pressure switch hose does nothing let me know i can provide you with the control board part information also.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time