How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Whrlp Master Tech Your Own Question
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 10567
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Whrlp Master Tech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Kitchen Aid refrigerator model KSCS251 and the ice

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Kitchen Aid refrigerator model KSCS251 and the ice maker is not working. Don't know when the water filter was last changed, so I picked up a new one to install. It looks like the filter is on the bottom in the grill but I can
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's a rental house so I don't know..several years though. Is it possible to send you a photo I took with my phone?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just want to make sure that the cartridge is at the bottom in the grill, which it looks like it is. Problem is, I can't dislodge the old cartridge.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

KSCS25I is only about 2/3 of a full number.

And if you turn the water supply off to the unit and call for chilled water .you can bleed the pressure off the filter.

that should make it turn easier.

But if it has been in for a long time you may need to use a pair of channel locks for added torque to get the filter to turn and come out.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

have you turned off the water supply to the refrigerator and called for chilled water to bleed any pressure off the water system.

And you may need to use a pair of channel locks for more torque on the filter.

But the filter is just a 1/4 turn release system.

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?