Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag Neptune dryer. most of lights are blinking faintly.

Customer Question

Maytag Neptune dryer. most of lights are blinking faintly. When I open door, all lights operate normally, but when I close door, it returns to faintly flashing lights and will not start.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model MDE5500AYW. about 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on how extensive
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: think that's it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately your display control board just has an internal short I'm sorry to say. The door switch might be what causes the panel to act up, but only because the door logic in the board is shorting out or corrupted. Either way, the display control board would need to be replaced to resolve this issue. You can try to unplug the dryer for 5 minutes and see if that resets the issue, but otherwise you need display control board 33003028 which looks like it's obsolete so you may have to send it into Core Centric Solutions to have the board refurbished unless you can find one online somewhere.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?