Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ice maker stopped making ice on Fri. We had replaced the…

Customer Question
My ice maker stopped...

My ice maker stopped making ice on Fri. We had replaced the filter in June & we purged it and it was doing fine. but then it stopped working. there was some frozen ice in the part where the ice comes out of. we cleaned that out & repurged the filter, waited 24 hrs aand still no ice

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model ***********serial # HR41710277 about 3 1/2 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we possibly can.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If you feel in the top of the icemaker can you feel any ice or water in the cube cavities?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?