Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do you fix a freezer gasket when you can't get a new…

Customer Question
How do you fix...

How do you fix a freezer gasket when you can't get a new gasket because the frig is ver 110 years oldo

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Admiral LTF2112ARW. EXPLAIN SEETINGS?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

When gaskets are torn, there really isn't a way to fix them other than taping over the hole with something that will last awhile. The better option is to purchase cut to fit universal gaskets to replace your old freezer gasket that is no longer made. They cost about $30 and you can cut them to fit your particular unit. Below is a link to such a kit.

CLICK HERE for kit

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.